Like everyone else, I’ve now been tagged into this game. Steve Smith tagged me so now I will tell you five things about me that you may not know.
1. I have lived in one city my entire life. I’ve been living in Kent, Ohio since I was born, and I have yet to move elsewhere. I’ve lived in 3 homes in Kent. I am currently attending Kent State University, so am still not out of Kent. Not sure when I will leave Kent, but I doubt I will be living here for too many more years.
2. I’ve been a world traveler since I was 10 years old. This is when my family started going on trips. Though my travels have been much more extensive than most people of my age, I have not seen nearly everything I wish to in my life. I have been to Venezuela twice, most islands in the Caribbean, Mexico a few times, Canada more times than I can remember, Hawaii once, England twice, France twice, Corsica once, once to Italy, once to Spain, and I’ve probably forgotten something. Sadly I have not yet been to Germany. I wish to see much more though, and hope to see many places in Africa, Asia, and Australia.
3. I, like Steve Smith, am a gamer. As can be seen by the title of my blog I am obviously some type of a gamer. I enjoy playing Dungeons and Dragons. Yes, I am aware that it is the stereotypical nerd game. It is not the only game that I play though. I enjoy making up my own games. These games have their own worlds and own systems for play. I enjoy playing them a great deal. I also enjoy playing card games, board games, and video games. Most of my games are console games, but I also play a lot of PC games. The board games I play are classics as well as lesser known games. One of my favorites since I was a child is called Solarquest.
4. After number 3 this one becomes more obvious. I would like to eventually work in some type of game design. I think it would be great fun. I might be able to get into video game development with help from the degree in Computer Science I am about to earn from Kent State University. I know many people who would like to work on games. This semester I will be taking a class about designing and building game engines. I hope it is a fun class.
5. Most people don’t know that while I think this five things idea is kind of cool. I have this notion that I am merely propagating a chain letter farther along. I don’t know if others have gotten this same feeling, but it would seem to me that this, while interesting, at its roots is an attempt to see how far the chain lett……. the five things blog will go.
So now I must search for bloggers who have yet to list five things or be tagged. Such a cruel fate. Here is a group of people I have yet to see five things from, and whom I know little about. I apologize in advance if these people have been tagged already or do not want to play the game.
Alessandro Gallo ( Garbin )